FRENCH PRESS COFFEE PREPARATION
SHORT INTRODUCTION AND HISTORY
Enjoyed coffee? You can brew your own coffee at home as it saves you a lot of money and you can do your part in preserving the environment as well. Coffee paper cups are not good for the environment and health because these cups contain microplastics that are harmful to health. If you are a coffee lover then I suggest you invest in a coffee maker such as French press. It is a cylindrical pot with a plunger and built-in filter screen that presses hot water and ground coffee. French press is an easy method of creating a rich taste cup of coffee. The pot is invented in France in the 1800s and has different names like melior, machine piston, French press, plunger coffee, and press pot.
FRENCH PRESS COFFEE SECRET AND PREPARATION
For a full earthy and rich coffee, choose a medium grind because it is consistent while coarse grinds may clog the filter and very fine grind will pass through the filter, resulting in a muddy texture.
- To prepare, place the pot on a dry, flat surface. Hold the pot handle firmly and take out the plunger.
- Add 7-8 grams of coffee to the pot per 200ml of water.
- Pour hot water (not boiling) into the pot and gently stir with a spoon.
- Insert the plunger carefully into the pot, stopping just above the water and ground coffee. Do not press yet and let it stand for 3-4 minutes.
- Press the plunger down slowly with steady pressure.
- Serve on cups.
- After each use, wash the pot and dry thoroughly.