Gluten-Free Christmas Cookies (Sugar Cookies)
With Christmas coming round the corner, we can’t help but prepare something delicious for the holidays. It’s not just planning for a Christmas Eve dinner but snacks do count for the preparation. Think about crunchy little cookies to nibble on during the cold winter days.
Mostly popular in Western countries is the Christmas Cookies that come in different shapes and colors. They are mostly sold in Christmas markets in Europe. If your country doesn’t have a European-style Christmas market, you can make these cookies at home too. What’s great about cookies is that they can be preserved inside a jar for several days. It’s a perfect accompaniment for coffee and tea.
It’s also a great gift to a friend, family member, and neighbor who will surely be surprised by such an amazing gesture.
TOOLS NEEDED FOR MAKING CHRISTMAS COOKIES
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Rubber spatula
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper (cooking sheet paper)
- Cookie cutter with Christmassy designs (such as gingerbread man, Christmas tree, star, angels, etc.)
Baking these cookies is fun especially if you have children. A perfect bonding moment for every parent and child. It’s a perfect opportunity for the kids to learn baking. And it shows your creativity as well by frosting and designing your own cookies.
These cookies require a few basic ingredients. And it is highly recommended for people who have food allergies from gluten.
GLUTEN-FREE CHRISTMAS COOKIES
300g gluten-free rice flour
9g baking powder
150g olive oil or canola oil
60g soy milk
Drops of vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine oil and soy milk in the mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Combine rice flour, sugar, and baking powder in another bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the oil and soymilk mixture. Mix thoroughly using rubber spatula until it becomes a dough.
- Knead the dough for 30 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Flatten the dough by 5mm in height and cut them by cookie-cutter until no dough is left.
- Arranged the shaped dough in a flat baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until it’s golden in color.
You can frost the cookies with any designs and colors, it is up to your imagination! Perfect pairing for any tea, coffee, or cold drinks. To store the cookies, let them cool and store in an airtight jar.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas wherever you are in the world.
baking christmas cookie recipe christmas cookies cookies gluten-free sugar cookie recipe