ROSE GARDEN AT IGASHIRA PARK, MOKA, TOCHIGI
IGASHIRA PARK ROSE GARDEN
One of the most beautiful attractions in Japan in spring is the flower garden parks. There are lots of flower garden parks scattered all over Japan. Depending on the location, some have free entrances and some are not. These gardens are a refuge to most people seeking stress relief and it is similar to storybook gardens. Different species and colors of roses and peonies are in full bloom. And one of the nearest parks in my place is the Rose and Peony Garden, Igashira Park.
BEST TIME TO SEE ROSES
The spring flowering season is the most spectacular in the rose garden and is pleasing to the eyes of many visitors. You can also enjoy the quaint roses during the fall season.
Roses bloom late May through to June, and again in October. A highly recommended activity is taking a stroll through a tunnel of roses, so photo-worthy, and absolutely free! To get to the rose garden, pass through the peony garden at the entrance. And by mid-May, roses of all colors bloom in Igashira Park in the rose garden section.
- Best time to see in spring: mid-May to early June
- Autumn season: Early October to mid-October
* The best time to see may be slightly different depending on the weather and other conditions. In addition, the four-season blooming varieties, which account for more than 70% of the total number of plants, bloom to some extent from June to mid-August and from late October to mid-November.
The water fountain in the middle of the park adds beauty and life to the flower garden.
BEST TIME TO SEE PEONIES
Large flowers bloom every year in the peony garden and it is very alluring. There are about 560 varieties of peonies in the garden.
- Best time to see the peonies: late April-early May
- Best time to see the Chinese peonies: late May to mid-June
The flower garden hosts a festival from May to June when the flowers are in bloom. A variety of food stalls selling Japanese street foods and ice cream can be seen near the entrance of the garden. They also sell potted flowers and fertilizers. This park is truly is a must-visit to complete your spring sightseeing and absolutely free of charge. Grab your camera and enjoy this festival.
Take a look at this video about the Graden Rose Festival.