MATCHA WHITE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE RECIPE
Earlier in my food blog post, I was writing all about Japanese green tea. And do you know that you can make delicious dessert recipes aside from drinking green tea? Sure, it is a great ingredient for baking! I love the green hue of matcha in cakes and ice-creams, giving those desserts a yummy look. And not only the visual presentation but matcha balances the sweetness of cakes and pastries giving an exotic Asian flavor.
For those living outside Japan and not really familiar with matcha, it can be intimidating to try matcha foods at first. People may think it taste bitter or strange but actually, people all over the world are loving this superfood not only for their nutritious properties but it gives a twist to very sweet desserts. It became popular outside Japan as well where there’s a significant number of Asian population. If you’re planning to buy matcha, you can easily find it in the Asian section in supermarkets where you live or you can order online.
FACTS ABOUT MATCHA AND HEALTH BENEFITS
- It’s a finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves.
- The green tea plants used for matcha are shade-grown for three to four weeks before harvest.
- The stems and veins are removed during processing.
- Good source of antioxidants.
- It may help prevent certain cancers.
- Promotes relaxation.
- Helps oxygenate the body.
- Promotes heart health and lowers glucose levels.
There are a lot of nutrients from matcha so I decided to write about Matcha White Chocolate Brownie recipe since it is easy to make and prepare especially this fall season. A perfect snack when some friends drop by your house. The flavour is exotic compared to regular chocolate brownies.
MATCHA WHITE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup salted butter melted
1 1/2 tbsp matcha powder
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt the butter in the microwave and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, butter, and eggs together. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and matcha powder.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together. Mix in the white chocolate chips and adjust the quantity according to your taste.
- Put the mixture in a square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake the brownies for 27 minutes, or until fully cooked. Check the brownies by sticking a toothpick at the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, it’s done.
- Let the brownie cool for about 20 minutes before serving.
It is important to cool the brownies for easy cutting. About the flavor or customizing this delicious recipe, you can add dried fruits, nuts, or raisins. It’s solely up to you and you can adjust the level of bitterness or color of the matcha. Matcha White Chocolate Brownies tastes best with any kind of tea! It is also a great all-seasons dessert.